SGVVC COVID-19 UPDATE:
To our Valued Customers from the San Geronimo Valley Veterinary Clinic,
The health and well-being of your pet is our top priority. As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely.
At this time, our clinic remains open and is operating under regular business hours.
For the health and safety of our staff and our community, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of humans within our facilities, notably our clients and staff. Keeping our practice “hospital-clean” has always been a priority for us, and we continue to do so. Additionally, for the safety of our team and your family we are monitoring CDC recommendations and are and will continue to increase our attention to cleaning frequency and methods accordingly. We work closely with our staff to ensure that anyone who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home.
We will continue to provide veterinary care to our community. To provide these services, our hospital needs to remain open. We will work with you to limit direct contact, focusing on safety during this pandemic. This will require some major changes in how we see your pets. Please follow these instructions and call if you have any questions.
- Please call to discuss and schedule your pet’s appointment. We feel it is important for your pet to continue their preventative care, such as wellness exams, vaccinations, dental care, etc. Depending on the situation and our caseload we may ask that you reschedule any non-urgent appointments.
- We would like for you to remain in your car or outside the clinic and call us when you arrive for your appointment (415 488-9791). We will then meet you outside the hospital and intake your pet with social distancing protocol. After we access your pet, a veterinarian or technician will come outside or call, text or email you to provide updates, estimates, and information.
- Our exam room has a large window to the outside where you can observe if the situation allows for that.
- If you are feeling ill or may have been exposed to the coronavirus, please let us know and please ask a friend to transport your pet on your behalf. One of our staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) will retrieve your pet.
- If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and you are ill, please arrange for a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet to our hospital. One of our staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) will retrieve your pet.
- If you do not have a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet, please call 415 488-9791 when you arrive at our hospital and remain in your vehicle with your animal. One of our staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) will retrieve your pet.
- Please call in advance to request prescription refills, food or other products. Please call when you arrive and remain outside - we get your items out to you as soon as possible.
- If possible, we would appreciate a verbal credit card transaction to minimize physical handling of personal belongings.
If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and we are not available, please contact following critical care practice: The Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin, 901 East Francisco Blvd, San Rafael 415 456-7372.
These are uncertain and concerning times for all of us. This model of caring for your pet is definitely not the style of practice we are used to here at SGVVC - we cherish close and personal interaction with our clients and their pets, however now is the time we have to be disciplined and adhere to our Covid-19 safety protocol. We are all in this together and will get through this together. Thank you for your patience, cooperation and support!
Your pet’s healthcare team at San Geronimo Valley Veterinary Clinic"
San Geronimo Valley Veterinary Clinic welcomes you!
Welcome to San Geronimo Valley Veterinary Clinic. We are a full service animal hospital happy to provide comprehensive healthcare services to pets in Lagunitas, Forest Knolls, Woodacre, San Geronimo, Nicasio, Point Reyes, West Marin and surrounding areas. Our veterinarians offer a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services, as well as alternative treatments such as acupuncture.
Our veterinary hospital is well equipped with advanced equipment and technologies to provide the highest standard of care for your pet. Our facility has the equipment to provide comprehensive in house testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, ultrasound, surgical suite, dental suite, pharmacy, and more.
At San Geronimo Valley Veterinary Clinic we are committed to providing quality care at every stage of your pet's life. From routine preventive care for your pets to early detection and treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases and surgical care, we have the expertise to provide the care your pet needs at every stage of life.
Please browse our website to learn more about our animal clinic and the veterinary services we provide for companion animals in Lagunitas and the surrounding areas. Read information in our Pet Library, view videos, take a virtual tour of our veterinary hospital, read testimonials, and find details about upcoming events. Please call our office today at (415)488-9791 for all your pet health care needs.